Hi everyone. This post come from the last lecture of Social Computing class that I learned, the course is end. We are coming to final exam festival. For all of my posts, hope you guys like and enjoy them. It is my pleasure to share you. Let me share the last lecture ‘Folksonomy’.
Before seeing in the detail about Folksonomy, there are many words that you should know.
- Social Bookmarking : Online service which lets users to add, edit, and share bookmarks of web documents. Tagging is a feature of social bookmarking systems, users can organize their bookmarks in flexible ways and develop shared vocabularies known as folksonomies.
- Meta Data/Tag : Metadata is likely the card catalogs of libraries. It describes the contents and context of data files. A webpage may include metadata specifying what language it is written in, what tools were used to create it.
- Tag Cloud : is a visual representation for text data, used to depict keyword metadata (tags) on websites. Tags are usually single words.
- Cold Start : When you search some data that is not popular from the internet, next time it may become popular because of many people searching it.
- Faceted search : is a technique for accessing information organized according to a faceted classification system, users can explore a collection of information.
‘Folksonomy’ means Folk – taxonomy = share point
- Broad Folksonomy : Users tag particular content with a variety of terms.
- Narrow Folksonomy : occurs when a few users tag an object with a limited number of terms.
Tagging vs. traditional classification
|Pre-defined vocabulary||Use any keyword|
|Done by authors/librarians||Done by anyone|
|Non trivial task||Easy|
From table above, you will see that social tagging is easy to do, everyone can create the tag for his content. This way is appropriate for current community.
Social Tagging Challenges
- Vocabulary evolution
- User interface design
- Cold start : There are no any information about tags for an object.
- Scale : More tagging events, make you comfort to search what you want.
- Making use of tags : Tag metadata for search, faceted browsing.
Finally, all of lectures already have posted. Really thanks you guy for coming to visit my posts. All of your like and comment is my moral support for me to write blog. Hope you guy get inspiration from my blog too. Thanks for your supporting. 🙂 Ploy.